Aaaand yay! We’re down to our last two entries, can you believe that?!
This is the hardest post I have to write so far because right now, I’m not really sure of the things that I want to accomplish in my life. It’s not that I don’t have any dream at all. It’s just that the things that I want to achieve before no longer matter to me now. I know I’ve also mentioned it in one of my previous posts.
When I became a Christian, my priorities have changed that I realized there is only one thing that I want to accomplish in my life ~ that is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me–the task of testifying the good news of God’s grace.
It has always been my desire that when I get to finally meet Jesus face to face at the end of my life here on earth, and I give an account to Him of how I have lived my life, I can say to Him with confidence that “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” And to that, Jesus would answer, ‘well done, my faithful servant.’
My lifetime goal is to glorify Jesus in my life by completing the task that God has given to me. And because I know what my lifetime goal is, it’s now easier for me to give up my worldly ambition especially when I know that it can get in the way of my goal.
But then lately, God is teaching me that I need not to be resentful of the things I’ve given up for the sake of God’s Kingdom. Jesus wants me to live this life to the fullest so pursuing God’s Kingdom shouldn’t be my excuse for not pursuing the good things that God would love to give me, if I will only ask it from Him. So now I realize that I need to set goals again and work hard to pursue them.
For now, these are the things that I want to happen in my life:
1. Lead 12 Women to Christ. I know I’ve already mentioned this in my week 5 post and I will say it again today.
2. Finish my master’s degree. God knows how much I wanted to take up master’s degree but given my goal in number 1, I know that this is not feasible at the moment. Besides, I’m still not sure which career path I should pursue so I still don’t know what course should I take. But I’m sure that when the time is right, God will finally give me the grace to take my master’s degree (most probably for free) for His own purpose and glory. I know that God will not withold any good thing from me so for now, I will trust in His perfect timing.
3. Do solo travel abroad. Or maybe at least locally, before I turned 30. Actually, I’ve done solo travel before in my previous work but this time, I want to do it for leisure. And yeah, I just want to do it for the sake of experience.
4. Travel abroad with friends. My foreign travels are always work-related so again, I want to try traveling for leisure with friends. I want to do it with friends because I want to take a lot of pictures! 😅
5. Save at least Php 500,000 Because I want to save food for the rainy days.
6. Own a housing unit or have our house in the province repaired. I want to give my parents the luxury of living in a decent home so I want to do this soon as they are not getting any younger.
7. Write a book. An inspirational one. I’m not the creative type so I want to write about the things that God has done in my life to give Him glory.
8. Watch a ballet performance in CCP. I don’t know why but it has always been my dream to see ballet dancers perform live. I think this is the most achievable among the things I want to accomplish.
9. Start my own business. Because I believe that if I do really want to get rich, I should start my own business. I also don’t want to remain an employee forever. And lastly,
Finish this blogging challenge
10. Lose weight. Do I have to explain this?🐷💪☺